Willamette West Habitat for Humanity is the only nonprofit in Washington County providing no-down, no-interest (0%APR) home ownership opportunities to low-income residents. We hope for a world where everyone has a decent place to live. You can help us achieve that goal!
We are adding a new member to our team to help support our homeowner, volunteer, and fundraising departments. This position will be part-time, 20-hours-per-week. We can be flexible with your schedule, making it a great opportunity for college students or others looking for a varied work schedule.
- Positions Available
- Deposit donor gifts in a timely manner.
- Work with Homeowner Services Manager to generate letters, sweat equity reports and required monthly communication to applicants and program participants.
- Produce Holiday Card mailing.
- Track event registrations and attendance and generate registration lists and signage for events; provide registration support at events.
- Serve as the ‘face’ of the affiliate by attending to people coming in the door and on the telephone.
- General staff support such as taking minutes at committee meetings, answering occasional phone calls, photocopying, producing mailing labels, envelope stuffing, etc.
- General office maintenance including ordering office supplies, updating voicemail, photocopier, postal meter and other office machines.
- Maintain a calendar of conference room space; coordinate food, snacks, beverages and other items needed for meetings.
- Maintain and restock marketing kiosk in the front office.
- Enter contributions accurately and promptly in DonorPerfect database; prepare and process acknowledgement letters, cards and remembrance notifications for all gifts in a timely manner.
- Preform primary data entry of homeowner, volunteer and donor contacts, address change and other related information into the organization’s database.
- Assist Development Department to record contacts/meetings in constituent records.
- Assist Homeowner Services Manager with database entry of applicant information; maintain interested parties mailing list.
- Assist Volunteer Outreach Coordinator with volunteer database entry and filing of volunteer waivers.
- Support Homeowner Services Manager with written newsletters and other forms of outreach.
- Work with Homeowner Services Manager to create Future Homeowner Manuals, Home Maintenance Manuals, required homeowner class materials and application materials.
- Assist with Social Media accounts and content.
- Support Volunteer Outreach Coordinator with written newsletters and other forms of outreach.
- Maintain and restock marketing outreach boxes.
- Assist Director of Resources with donation/appeal requests.
- Additional duties as may be assigned from time to time.
20 hours per week, Monday-Friday, Flexible hours
Pay range is $12 per hour
Ability to work within the mission, vision and ethics of WWHFH.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in an office setting.
- Proficiency with computers in a Windows environment including Microsoft Office Suite products is required.
- High-level organization skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and complete all tasks with a high attention to detail.
- Willingness to maintain confidentiality of homeowner and donor information, and to be discreet in the use of, or communication of, sensitive information.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; communicates effectively in person, by telephone and in writing.
- DonorPerfect database experience preferred, but not required.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and change.
Oregon Business Magazine ranked us as “One of the 100 Best Nonprofits to work for in Oregon” in 2015. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. The Administrative/Database Assistant is expected to serve diverse audiences from all backgrounds.
No calls please. An email submission of your resume and cover letter is preferred to firstname.lastname@example.org. Written submissions may be mailed to Willamette West Habitat for Humanity, 5293 NE Elam Young Pkwy, #140, Hillsboro OR 97124.
Application deadline: February 12, 2016.