Organic Food Systems Intern will work with several projects in the Microenterprise program, including:
- Victory Community Garden Demonstration Plot – Help with production and maintenance at the garden.
- La Esperanza Distributor (a values-based fresh produce distributor) – Provide support in marketing and outreach for the distributor and the CSA (Community Supported Agriculture). Assist with the distribution of local, organic produce grown by Latino farmers
- Commitment to the mission of Adelante Mujeres and to small business development;
- Spanish language skills (conversational level required; intermediate level preferred);
- Experience and/or interest in sustainable agriculture, food production, and food systems;
- Highly motivated with a strong demonstrated commitment to sustainability and working to undo practices and systems that deplete the environment;
- Able to work with diverse populations. Experience working with and motivating Latino families preferable;
- Possess excellent communication skills and be able be able to independently and in a team;
- Able to take lead on development of individual learning goals, project goals, measurable outcomes, timelines and reporting;
- Flexibility with work schedule and willingness to adapt to a variety of physical settings.
Food Entrepreneurship Intern will work with several projects in the Microenterprise program, including:
- Forest Grove Farmers Market – Help with set-up and take-down; assist in on-site coordination of special events such as cooking demonstrations and Market Sprouts Kids Club; and coordinate volunteers. Support the SNAP/Match incentives programs, as well as the Produce Rx voucher program.
Sabor Color – Support program staff and participants in accessing the certified commercial kitchen, in marketing, and with educational opportunities and events. Sabor Color provides local Latino food entrepreneurs with access to commercial kitchen space in order to build and promote their prepared food businesses
Commitment: Internships may be full or half time for approximately 9-14 weeks, starting between mid-May and mid-June (depending on the applicant’s availability and the organization’s needs).
Benefits to Intern: No monetary compensation will be provided by Adelante Mujeres for this internship but there are a variety of other benefits. The intern will gain valuable hands-on experience. Internship may meet Internship for Credit or Civic Engagement requirements.
To Apply: For priority consideration, please send cover letter and resume to Caitlin Matthews at email@example.com by March 15, 2014. Position open until filled.