This class is divided into two parts: a Fall preparation section and a Winter travel section. You must register by Fall to attend the Winter course.
FALL 2013, 2 CREDITS
IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO SIGN UP!
- Meets approximately two times a month on campus and once a month at different locations for experiences in the field
- Includes readings, a paper, fundraising, and independent/group fieldwork
- Emphasizes Navajo culture and prepares students for the Winter 2014 trip
- Instructor consent required
- Counts as DP cornerstone
WINTER 2014, 2 CREDITS
- Takes place in January and lasts roughly 20 days from departure to return
- Class will live together in a single dwelling in the village of Lukachukai, AZ
- Students will volunteer by mentoring local schoolchildren and by chopping wood for families/individuals who need assistance in the community
- Includes cultural experiences and excursions, such as ceremonies, hikes, and visits with Navajo families
- Counts as CE cornerstone
- Approximately $800-$1000
Instructor: Elizabeth Wilson