Partnerships for Student Achievement is recruiting NOW for AmeriCorps members.
PSA Objectives and Member Activities
AmeriCorps members serve full-time (1720 hours) for 11 months at K-12 schools throughout Washington County. While activities vary from school to school, all placements include:
Tutoring and mentoring to low-achieving and at-risk students in math and/or reading
Developing, implementing and/or leading extended day activities (recreation, academic enrichment, and tutorial activities)
Recruiting and coordinating community and parent volunteers in the school
Developing and implementing new parent outreach strategies
Participating in team-based service projects in Washington County
See more details in the PSA recruitment flyer 13 14.
1. Please go to the AmeriCorps, Partnerships for Student Achievement web site:
2. When you reach this page, click on the Application Information link on the left side of the screen.
3. Download and read the Recruitment letter and the Recruitment flyer.
4. Follow the instructions on the page for filling out both the National AmeriCorps application (do this first) and then the PSA program application.
5. Instructions for the National AmeriCorps Application:
*Click on the National AmeriCorps application link.
*When the national page opens up, move your cursor to the Advanced Search link on the right side of the page. It is in blue print.
*When the search page appears, select “AmeriCorps State/National” from the pull-down menu.
*Select “Oregon” for the state.
*Enter Partnerships for Student Achievement in the Program Name field.
*Click on the red Search button.
*Click on the red Partnerships for Student Achievement link.
*Click on Apply now and follow the instructions.
6. After you complete the National AmeriCorps Application, follow the directions on the AmeriCorps PSA web site to also complete and submit the PSA program application.