Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
To assist the fire department with their operations and department activities by supporting line firefighters on emergency scenes and completing duties as needed to support the mission of the fire department in the community.
Supervision received and exercised
Receives general supervision from the Volunteer Recruitment and Retention Coordinator as well as assigned command staff, company officers, or senior firefighters.
The following tasks are typical for positions in this classification. Any single position may
not perform all of these tasks and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here:.
Community Service & Public Education Activities may include participation in community events such as parades, educational booths, and other community liaison functions.
Administrative Support Office assistance including data entry, record maintenance, Rural sign program, fire command assistance, Provide support on emergency scenes for line firefighters. This may include providing food and drinks, or other supplies. Act as the role of rehab on emergency scenes as required.
Antique Apparatus Program Assist in the maintenance and repair function of the current antique fleet and participate in community events such as antique auto displays and parades.
Ham Radio Support Assist in the operation and maintenance of FGF&R’s Ham radio system
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license required.
- Must pass criminal background check, reference check, and interview process.
- Will obtain CPR/AED certification and Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program completion (District provided), within one year of becoming a volunteer and maintain certification
- Be able to attend a majority of the Support Firefighter Volunteer drills from 7-9pm on the first Monday of every month at Forest Grove Fire and Rescue.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups.
- Work independently and as a part of a team to accomplish the goals of the department.
- Establish and maintain positive and professional working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education and Experience Guidelines
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required abilities is qualifying.