Position: Regional Director
Duration: Minimum of 6 months
Hours: 4-6 hours per week
Function: Advocate for the world’s poor.
- Attend one (30-60 minute) conference call every week with the President of The Borgen Project and Regional Directors from across the United States (5PM PDT, 6PM MDT, 7PM CDT, 8PM EDT).
- Meet with local congressional leaders and lobby for legislation that improves living conditions for those living on less than $1 per day.
- Mobilize people in your community to contact their congressional leaders.
- Assist with fundraising efforts.
- Build a network of people engaged in the cause.
- Develop and implement strategies for furthering the cause.
DETAILS:Regional Directors operate independently from home and maintain contact with The Borgen Project’s Seattle office. Regional Directors sign a 6-month contract. The position is volunteer based and is roughly 4-6 hours per week. Directors attend a conference call every Monday evening.
HOW TO APPLY:To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Borgen Project fights for the underdog. We’re the innovative, national campaign that is working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy.