Interested in spending your summer making a difference in the community?
Institute on Philanthropy and Voluntary Service
June 10 – August 4, 2012
Georgetown University, Washington, DC
*** FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE MARCH 7***
SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING STILL AVAILABLE
The Institute on Philanthropy and Voluntary Service is a summer academic internship program in Washington, D.C. offering both internships and classes focusing on volunteerism and the nonprofit sector.
Highlights of the Institute include:
- Internships – Competitive placements with leading nonprofit organizations
- Classes – Up to 9 transferable credits in ethics and philanthropy from Georgetown University
- Housing – Roommate matching and furnished on-campus apartments in the heart of D.C.
- Service – A variety of hands-on community projects with local and national organizations
- Guest Lectures – With Washington’s top nonprofit executives and scholars
- Leadership & Professional Development – Leadership, mentoring and career building activities
- Networking – With seasoned nonprofit professionals and top student leaders from around the world
- Scholarships – Approximately 70% of students receive generous awards based on merit and financial need.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until March 7, 2012.
For more information or to start an application, please visit the website at www.DCinternships.org/IPVS.
If you are considering a summer of service and have questions about the program, please feel free to contact Kristen Wright, IPVS Program Coordinator, at IPVS@tfas.org or 202.986.0384.